Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 5 | Things You Want To Say To An Ex

If I gave in to the small, hurt Janelle, the one with the pitchfork and pointy tail, this post would be a stagnant sea of expletives. Or, symbols, rather, because she's still a lady. And believe me when I say it is tempting. Tempting to let fly with every accusation, quickly followed by a well-versed & rehearsed justification of why a long and torturous demise is appropriate; generous, even.

But I won't.

If anyone's tired of hearing about it, it's me. It still (and always will) make for some of the best anecdotes to be shared over a couple glasses of wine. But I've worked hard to put it behind me, beneath me. Some parts of it, the parts that don't pair well with wine, the parts that only a tight circle are aware of, need to be left unsaid. To be removed from my identity and left to turn to dust.


So, what would I say?

Anticlimactically?

Nothing.

There is nothing left to say. Not an arms-crossed, passive-aggressive, pouty-bottom-lip kind of "nothing". A very literal "nothing".

No more of my energy and resources will be exerted beyond what is legally required.

And so much of the time, silence speaks for itself.

No comments: