Tuesday, June 09, 2009

From My Back Door Lookin' Out

The other day, I was in my backyard, not doing anything in particular, when I just stopped and looked around. I absolutely love our backyard and I just soaked it in. Levi put so much work into that yard and landscaping and we enjoy it so much every single day. And it's very peaceful--when the neighborhood dogs decide to keep their yaps shut...

So, to give you an idea of what he's done and what I was appreciating, here's a small example of my view:


Levi and a couple of his buddies in the landscaping business cut and laid almost every one of those pavers by hand. Behind the house and right next to the patio furniture and gazebo is also a hot tub.

The grass looks great in this picture, but it doesn't do justice to my hanging baskets! The pink one on the left was from my sister and bro-in-law for Mom's Day! It's been a bloomin' machine! And the gigantic purple one on the right was from Levi for our anniversary. It's like flowers on steriods! I've never seen such an overflow! And of course Eric puts a smile on my face every time!

While we were splashing around in the kiddie pool with the pugs, Eric got the clever idea to push his stroller up against the side, take a seat in it, and dip his toes in the water! It must've looked really comfortable because a teeny, tiny ladybug stopped in for a visit. Boy, was it small! Eric just loved it, saying "He's my best friend!"


And leave it to Levi to bring another motorized recreational vehicle to our home! This is the littlest 4-wheeler we've ever seen! Levi got it from a man while picking up a junk car on his property. So, Eric got out his safety goggles and screwdrivers and helped get it "all fixed".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job taking time to appreciate the "little" things.

Workmans said...

Being out side is great, but being in your own backyard and enjoying it is worth a million. I love your hanging baskets! All the hard work sure pays off.

Shelley said...

Your yard looks beautiful! I truly believe a great back yard really finishes off a home.