Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Year-End Trip to the State of Denial

Thanks to my brain's ability to conjur up crystal-clear pictures of an 8 lb. baby boy sleeping peacefully with a large pacifier in his pouty mouth, visually balanced by his little bottom pleasantly perched atop his (not so) tiny feet, I'm having an alarmingly difficult time embracing the fact that I now own a 3 year old. :) And I use the word "own" in the most loving way possible.
We just celebrated Eric's big day on the 1st with his very first birthday party. It was a raving success, if I do say so myself. He's actually had time to make friends and to anticipate his big day and understand it all, so we did it all!
I reserved Hop 2 It in the evening, ordered pizza and cake, and invited family and friends! We did the technicalities (pizza, cake, & presents) as quickly as possible so the kids could have maximum playing time and everyone was ok with that. It turned out to be almost 2 solid hours of non-stop bouncing, sliding, running, sprawling, and just plain goofing off!


Everyone's here!

The infamous cake!

Look at those 3-yr-old muscles!

Ball Pit...enough said. :)

He could go down this slide at 100 mph and it still wouldn't be fast enough!

The gifts from awesome friends & family!



P.S. Just a side note, but very note-worthy: Eric decided to get into the whole potty-training thing full-force about a month ago and is the proud owner of some very macho "big boy" underwear (which he is weaing in all the above shots). I'm so proud of him!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun times you had! I hear you about the state of denial. This birthday was a tough one because she is officially not a baby anymore. 3 is even more grown up! Really though, would we be happy if they stayed babies forever? Do you remember that stage????? :)

Motormouth Macey said...

Wow 3 already?! Looks like a fun b-day! I'm so proud of Eric that he's in his big boy undies! That's so awesome...congrats proud Mamma :)

Lacy said...

Very fun birthday! He looks way old and cute!!

LoriAnn said...

What a fun time! I wish I could've been there to celebrate with you all! I miss you guys and even though Boise is only 2 hrs away, it still seems too far. Love the pictures...give Eric a big hug and kiss for me!

Janelle said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments! It's so nice to read all of them!

Jenn said...

Oh the big 3! I still have less than a year till Braydo is there however, I am having a hard time realizing Mylie is going to be 5 next month. I told Stephen I don't have babies anymore and I miss them. Sorry it's belated but tell Eric Happy B-Day! and thank you for your comments hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.