Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day One | 5 Ways to Win My Heart

{This is the beginning of a 30-Day Challenge I've decided to tackle, with poise & grace, no less.} {Heh.}
  1. I am a natural conversationalist, so engaging me in conversation, especially about things you know I have an interest in, is a guarantee.
  2. Thoughtfulness. Little things that say "You were on my mind." or "I know you well enough to know that you would appreciate this." Things that don't have to be done...they just are.
  3. Make me laugh. Not an easy feat, seeing as how I think I'm one of the most hilarious beings on earth.
  4. Appreciate me. "Please" and "Thank you" fulfill this one quite nicely. Yet, I still find them hard to come by these days. Makes my heart go, "Hmph." instead of "Mmmm." So, say them. (Please.)
  5. One of the 5 Love Languages: offer me words of affirmation on something you genuinely think I did/do well. It makes me feel like I can fly.
  6. I'm throwing in an extra one because I feel it has become somewhat of an epidemic: if I hug you, hug me back. Not a one-armed, dead-fish, patronizing, infantile pat-on-the-back-like-you're-tyring-to-burp-me "hug". I'm inviting you into my space. My personal space. I don't just go around doing that all willy-nilly. HUG ME. Like you're grateful for my friendship. Like you would if we were saying goodbye for a really long time. You just never know, lovelies.
______________

In case you'd love to jump on-board, here is the challenge! Leave a comment with your blog address so we can embark on it together!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So I find this post, as well as all your other ones, to be quite intriguing! I think I know exactly what you're saying and I commend you for writing it! ;)

And I'd love to take you up on your 30-day challenge, but what if I'm not as social-medialized as I should be, and don't have a blog?! (and yes, I made up that word!) :D

Motormouth Macey said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to read all your posts :) Thanks for joining the challenge!!

amyyoung said...

How fun is this??? I love it girl. Look forward to reading.
xoxo