Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ice Creamed

After a couple disappointing evenings of hearing the blaring, cringe-inducing music of the ice cream truck but never actually seeing it, we finally got it stopped at our address!

I heard the music before Eric did, so I got some money and asked him what that noise was. His eyes lit up and a huge smile spread across his face as he asked me, "Can it come to our house this time?!" After seeing his hopeful little face for the 3rd time, I was praying that it would.

And sure enough, as we stepped out our front door to wait for it, it showed up! I ran back inside to grab my camera and Eric discussed the chilled choices with the driver!





SpiderMan ice cream?! That was one happy little boy! "Next time," Eric said, "I'm getting Batman!"





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. Our ice cream truck in our last neighborhood was entitled, "Scary Larry's". Now what parent in their right mind would send their child to the curb for Scary Larry ice cream??

Shelley said...

That is so cool! I heard the music last week and looked out to see the truck a block from our house. We are tucked into a cul de sac and am thinking it won't fine us :( I know the boys would love it.

Lacy said...

amazing the joy icecream can bring, huh? I've always been a big fan.

LoriAnn said...

That's great that the truck actually stopped this time! Every Saturday I hear our neighborhood's ice cream truck with its remixed beats of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and am tempted to run out the front door for a big 'ol frozen piece of delicious goodness. But I refrain: I don’t need the calories and I don't want to totally embarrass my husband. (But I think secretly we all want to be as excited about the ice cream truck as Eric is.) Love you!