Thursday, June 18, 2009

Udderly Surprised

Yes, that was a shameless pun, but I couldn't resist. About two months ago, I was invited to join a website called ProudToDairy.com. I was glad to accept the invite and once I logged in and started checking the site out, I realized I had joined just in time to participate in a t-shirt design contest that was being put on!

I absolutely love stuff like that and spent a couple days mulling over some ideas. If you know me at all, you know I tend to take the "humor route". It's way more fun. Any sort of sarcasm, play on words, etc.


When I got a little slogan stuck in my head, I sat down at my computer and just kinda made a corresponding image to bring it all together. It really isn't anything spectacular, but I think that may be part of the beauty of it. It was short, basic, literally black-and-white, and most of all, I believe most of the website members (or their families) could relate...with a chuckle and perhaps a roll of the eyes.

"these 4 are my 9-5"

And wouldn't you know it--I won! That just really made my day! I really getting a kick out of others being able to appreciate and connect with something I come up with. And what made the win even more fun is that the shirt is now an actual product and available to purchase (at 10% off during June for Dairy Month)! You can find them here.

The image above was featured in the Progressive Dairyman magazine along with a short article also featuring 3 very good honorable mentions. I had a blast with the whole process and wanted to share it with you!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations! Is there a prize?

Janelle said...

Thanks! And yeah, there actually was. I received a very nice ceramic to-go mug. To be honest, though, I would've preferred a t-shirt. ;)

LoriAnn said...

That's so awesome! But I have to say that I'm not surprised...you've always been so talented at...well...everything! Now that I've totally sucked up, can you hook me up with some free t-shirts? Just kidding, you really are talented! Love you tons and I'll see you tomorrow!!

Workmans said...

You are so funny! No suprise here that you won!

Lacy said...

Janelle, that is SO COOL! Seriously, what an accomplishment. It is funny and totally you. You are insanely clever and witty.

I appreciate your comments on blog :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That is perfect! Awesome design =) I might have to get Jordan one-hahah. You are so talented!

I remember you asking where I got Mal's flip flops. Here's the site: www.switchflops.com. I think they are awesome.

Take care!