Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sliced & Diced

If you know my husband at all, you know how accident-prone he is {though some was call it karma, justice, you reap what you sow, etc.} :o)

Well, to add another tally-mark to his list of tragedies, please see Exhibit A: The Scalp:


Levi was working down in the salvage yard one frozen evening. He had his head under the mangled hood of a wrecked vehicle. The windshield had been busted out of it in the accident and was somehow thrown over the hood. I'm not completely sure of all the details because I heard about it in between phone calls of "I think I need to go to the hospital." and "There's blood everywhere." So, bear with me.

Anyway, the cracked windshield managed to collapse onto his head. It broke far more easily than normal because of the low temperature. And it made about 2 dozen perfectly straight cuts right on the top of his head.

I wasn't home at the time; I was about 15-20 miles away when this happened. I started getting a steady stream of phone calls from Levi. This, I expected, because he is prone to get a little dramatic in stressful situations. But, to his credit, he also couldn't see the top of his head and evaluate how badly he was cut. I told him to try and relax because head wounds always bleed like there's no tomorrow, but to try not to fall asleep.

When I got home, I found him sitting on the couch holding a bloody towel against his head. To be honest, one of my first thoughts was "You better not be getting any blood on that couch, mister!" But I quickly recovered with asking him to come into the kitchen {away from the couch} so I could examine his head. The bleeding had stopped, so I asked him if I could gently put some Neosporin with pain relief onto his head to help fight any possible bacteria. I didn't think rubbing some soap into a lather on his head was the best idea when the cuts were so fresh. :o)

Anyway, his head healed beautifully and there is not one trace of injury anywhere! I couldn't believe it!

2 comments:

Motormouth Macey said...

I love your practical, matter-o-fact way of dealing with it! Guys are always such drama queens. I have to say though, reading your post, and looking at his head both made me queasy! And also glad that I replaced my broken windshield before something like that could happen to me!

jeska00 said...

Ouch! He does have some wicked bad lines on his head!