Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vegas, Baby!

We all have those friends who've celebrated some milestone in the bright, never-quite-sure-what-time-it-is, open-24-hours lights of Las Vegas. Countless bachelor/ette parties and weddings take place, I daresay, every day. And it sounds so...typical, so casual.

If you've been part of the riotous fun of one of those events, please see me after for a brief Q&A session. I validate.

How? HOW does one plan something like that? With the literal and figurative buffet that is  Las Vegas, with all the water effects, one-of-a-kind cocktails, classy venues, and, um, skin, how does one choose?

Price? Definitely a factor for most of us. I'm (not) sorry to say I will have to pass on the $10,000 drink at Ovo (pronounced "oh-no!", trust me.) But I'm not kidding about the 10 large. It comes with custom cufflinks and a bracelet, I believe. The foolish regret that hits the next morning is included at no additional cost.

Style? Well, sure, but everyone's taste is unique. About 7 years ago, I accepted the fact that I was inwardly maturing at an accelerated rate. Late nights, loud music, dancing for hours, crazy lights, small-talk that had to be yelled to be heard...sigh. No mo'. I don't need every sense stimulated at the same time...do I? I looked at millions (give or take) of clubs and ultra-lounges, trying to find one that appealed to me; one that I wouldn't mind being seen in; one that I would be comfortable having my name on the front of in big, bold lights. And much to my surprise, I think I found one:

PURE Nightclub

Now to find the perfect dress to show up in! Also, can you see that beautiful symbol of romance gleaming in the background? Yeah. You could slap a picture of Le Eiffel Tower on a used boot and I'd buy it. This cynic realist has a soft spot for most things Parisian (except for the men; too much "sen-see-teev" and not enough "pickup truck".

Anyway, Sean and I are headed there next month and I've seen more of the internet than I ever hoped, trying to get this trip planned. He's been there tons and wants this to be "my" trip. As generous as that is, I feel a little overwhelmed. So any recommendations, advice, and/or warnings are readily accepted. Not that they'll matter much; if Sean can peel my clammy hands off the legs of Le Tower, he will consider it a success.

Au revoir!

No comments: