Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Thief In the Night

Unbeknownst (sp?) to me, my house was the popular place to be Thursday night. To make a long, miserable story shorter, someone made a lasting impression on my car. After they felt they had been thorough enough with my car, they selectively picked through Levi's tools, only taking a few expensive ones out of his toolbox. My purse, dvd player, keys, etc. inside my car were not touched. I thought that was very considerate of whomever it was.

These are only some of the spots that were keyed. They scratched every part of my vehicle: headlights, taillights, roof rack, brush guard, etc. Top to bottom. With the exception of my wheels, which I am very thankful for. The estimate came to over $9000.00. I had to take a minute and find my eyeballs after they had popped out of my head when I heard that.





And then, as if that wasn't enough, Sunday night rolled around and...

Levi got a rock through his back-glass, shattering it. Levi wasn't home when my car got it; he was home when his truck got hit. The cops were called and we've got a really good chance at convicting the ones who did it (we know who they are.) ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT'S TERRIBLE! I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Motormouth Macey said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so glad you know who these creeps are!

Mindy Lou said...

WOW!!! That is insane! I'm so glad you and the family are okay. Good luck with catching 'em!

Workmans said...

Wow! Doesn't that make you mad! That is just a pain to have to go through! Good Luck figuring the whole mess out! They don't know who they're messin with.