Monday, May 18, 2009

On the Boat Again!

Yesterday the temperature reached 90 degrees and that called for a celebration! We hooked up to my father-in-law's pontoon boat, loaded my car down with towels, sunscreen, water bottles, fishing poles, and (of course) the dogs! We unloaded down at Centennial Park and it was a blast! And it was the dogs' first time ever--they couldn't get enough of the whole experience.


Levi manning the wheel

Gracie & Roxie enjoying the wind and new smells

Gus riding shot-gun

Eric & his Batman fishing pole

A glimpse of the rare "man smile"

Centennial has these rocks spanning from one side of the canyon to the other. On either side of this picture were low-level water falls and shallow streams.
This was one of our favorite parts of the whole day!


The whole time wasn't carefree--as I was sitting off the back of the boat, dipping Gracie in the water to cool her off, the little swinging door bonked Gus on the butt. It was just enough to push him off the boat, into the water. And he was gone. I believe my heart stopped. It seemed like forever that he was submerged, and I was just about ready to jump in after him when his head finally surfaced. I grabbed him by all that extra skin and sat with him in the sun for a while. We thought for sure he'd be terrified of the water after that, but after a little coaxing and a helping hand, he was feeling a little more adventurous. Not nearly as fearless as Gracie (who seems to believe she is actually a Great Dane), but I was proud of him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Can you believe how warm it is already?? Hey- did you cancel your Facebook account? I've noticed your absence... :) Or maybe I've just been deleted from your Friends List! Busted.

Motormouth Macey said...

Looks like great fun!! I love the "new" weather we are having! We need to plan a day on Lucky Peak together :)
And ditto on Alycia's comment about Facebook. Where, oh where, did my Janelly go?