Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Colors

My work's been a little slower lately, so I've been a little antsy to design something really fun. I was looking for excuses to create something when I remembered the bbq my Heart-2-Heart group has planned for August! It was the perfect excuse!

After a little dinking around on my computer, this is the invitation I had come up with:





Nothing too fancy, just fun and colorful--exactly what I was in the mood for! I added small, pearl-colored brads to the middles of every other flower at the bottom, just to give it some dimension. They made me smile, so I'm hoping they have the same effect on their recipients!

-------------------------------------

Yesterday wasn't very busy, so Eric and I are both looking to get out of the house today. But some of the things that we did experience yesterday were:


  • The Blue Angels jets soaring over our house (*LOUD*)

  • A flattened crocodile sandbox because apparently puppies like to chew on it's feet! (It's inflatable...at least it WAS, anyway.)

  • A wonderful dinner with our neighbors

  • Picked up my ring from being sized -- thanks, honey!

  • A few good sales at the mall

  • How 8:30 at night is the perfect time for a walk (especially with a pug that gets overheated from running outside to go potty!)

  • That birds sometimes die...because of cats.

All in all, it wasn't an overly productive day, but it was a nice one!



No comments: