Saturday, March 18, 2006

The "L" Word

I have found myself asking an unanswerable question lately, and am growing increasingly frustrated: Why did God, in His all-knowing wisdom, make the whole process of love such a difficult one? The entire process is exhausting. Trying to find "the one" is almost impossible if you examine each step. How do you know where to draw the line when it comes to traits that you should/n't accept? How do you know you're not settling? And when you finally do decide to commit to that special someone, what do you do during those times you think you might've made a mistake? "What was I thinking? I can't live like this!" screams through your head as you look at the "stranger" you're living with. Do you swallow your worries while praying for daylight and hope for the best while praying for a remedy? Or do you convince yourself you've made an honest mistake, tell yourself you deserve better and get the heck out of there? And is your solution a leap of faith or one of fear?
I know there are actually answers to my questions, but only to those of us who have faith. I say that because I believe that those of us with faith believe there is always hope, no matter what the situation. Well, at least we try to always believe. We're human too.
There are exceptions to the rule: an abusive relationship (in whatever way), adultery, alcoholism, etc. But just because those are exceptions to the rule doesn't mean they're exceptions to hope.
I probably needed to hear what I just wrote more than anyone, but I still haven't come to a concrete conclusion. I'm still on my knees for that one...

No comments: