Monday, March 13, 2006

The Mentally Ill Find Me Appealing (Pt. 1)

To give you a glimpse at where my desperation and frustration originate from, I'll have to bring you up to speed on the last little while of my "love life". Love life is in quotes because most of them had very little to do with actual love, or care, for that matter.
When I was about 17 and a junior in high school, I was given the opportunity to attend Idaho Business Week in Boise. Most of us were not nearly as concerned with worldly business as we were with the business of the opposite sex. It was a chance for a bunch of adolescents to experience college dorms and cafeterias for a week. Yeah, not a lot of "business" got done. But the first day I arrived, I had scoped out a project that I wanted to invest my time into. We'll call him Adam. He was tall (very important for me), dark, and handsome (my friends didn't agree though). And to top it all off, I knew him from my church! He was the drummer for the worship band. I didn't know how the situation could get any better. We hit things off right away and every moment we weren't in meetings, we were trying to arrange our own. I mean that in the cleanest way possible--we didn't even kiss that week. In fact, the last day, right before we both left, Adam told me about his girlfriend. Yeah, I couldn't believe it. Anyway, to make a long story a little shorter, he ended up breaking it off with her and becoming my beau. I'll admit right up front that it wasn't the most brilliant move on my part to welcome him with open arms, thinking he'd never do the same thing to me...young "love". (Again, in quotes.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.