Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Mentally Ill Find Me Appealing (Pt. 6)

Is that the end? Well, officially for us it was, but not in Adam's crazy little head. A month later, I received a phone call pleading with me to return to him. Apparently, he actually thought I would still be waiting.
He told me all about how he had told the girl he left me to see that he missed me. I just sat there, listening to his pathetic story and tried not to laugh. I told him I thought he should try being single for a while and figure out what he really wanted. Well, apparently that wasn't the "Oh yes, of course I still want to marry you!" he was looking for and he exploded. I know you're all wondering why I let this one get away.
Adam ended up crying and hanging up and then calling back three minutes later to tell me he didn't know what he was thinking and to just forget he ever called.

That was the first time we had agreed on something in a long time.

I wonder how he looks in that powder blue helmet they gave him at the institution...

No comments: