Sunday, August 15, 2010

27 Candles

August 9 was my birthday.

It was awesome.

There wasn't anything specifically spectacular about it. It was just stress-free. I had come to dread "special" days. But this one was so nice. And to top it off, my family got me a shirt that I had wanted to buy myself but talked myself out of and they didn't even know I wanted it! Aside from me emailing a picture of it to every one of them, there's really no way they could've known.

And about 10:00 that evening, I got an email from Levi, stating: "what now i have a warrant for my arrest the cops are here and i have not done anything wrong good bye i hope your happy".

I had no idea what was going on, but I did have to laugh to myself. Either he was really being arrested or simply trying to get an emotional response out of me. Regardless, I was very thankful that I didn't have to worry about it. And, ok, ok, I thought it was a pretty sweet birthday present, too. It turned out he actually did get arrested. He failed to appear at a court date he had for his last DUI. I sent the police station of Twin Falls a thank-you note.

And I got the interrogatories turned in last Thursday. That was a good feeling. I'm interested to see what the next step will be. I know at some point we will have to meet with a custodial evaluator. Hope I'm not as awful to live with as Levi lead me to believe. Teehee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet, funny girl. Happy birthday! And you share the day with my brother...cool day this year- 8-9-10.