Friday, July 30, 2010

Breaking Up is...Time-Consuming!

So I've managed to steam-roll my way through most of the interrogatories! Don't act like you're not impressed. To be honest, I was rather intimidated by the questions being yelled at me from the page (they were in ALL CAPS). But I whipped out my angry eyebrows and bulleted list and they piped down.

I've been making phone calls to various people and sources I would call as witnesses. I told my mom earlier today that doing that makes me nervous. I guess not so much nervous as embarrassed. "Hello, Marriage Counselor. Remember me...from that one time...like 3 years ago? Yeeeeeah. Um, would you mind playing a vital role in my reality tv show of a life? No, I'm not going to pay you. No, there is no chance your mom will see you on tv. No, you'll have to supply your own wardrobe. Will it help if I ask for your autograph? Sweet. Thanks. Bye."

But things are moving forward and that makes me very happy. The light at the end of the tunnel is slowly getting brighter. I think I can even make out the front of the train it's attached to. :) I just hope that train's fulla money, 'cause if it runs over me without killing me, I'm gonna have ER bills on top of attorney bills and I'd hate to see the fight over who gets which arm/leg.


But seriously, I have never felt better. I feel confident and blessed and I'm excited for every tomorrow. I did apply for a job at Costco which I think I'd really enjoy, so could you maybe send up a few prayers for me (in addition to everything else)? :)

I'm learning to (a.k.a. struggling with) waiting on the Lord. This experience is growing me in many ways which I might not have otherwise known. I'm trying to rely more fully on Him and trust that He wants the very best for me and I just need to wait for Him to show it to me. (Side note: if you know me AT ALL, you know that patience is not something that I was "blessed" with. I just figured it's sitting in a divine basket somewhere, right next to my full feminine figure.)

God is good and Eric and I are doing fantastic!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I could totally see you or maybe should say would love to see you at Costco when we are in there! I will pray that everything comes together for you as it should.

Unknown said...

You're so cute. Prayers on the way!

Motormouth Macey said...

Ummmm... did you delete your facebook account?? I can't find you on there :(

Workmans said...

Wow Janelle, I haven't checked blogs forever. I wish I would have known all of this the other night when I saw you and your fam at applebees. I would have jumped up and given you a big hug. I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns and doing what's best for you and Eric. You'll be in my thoughts!! How about a play date sometime? Hang in there girl!