Monday, October 05, 2009

Oh, The Possibilities

So, a girlfriend of mine and I are thinking we need to throw a Fall/Halloween/We're-Adults-But-We-Don't-Care-We-Wanna-Dress-Up-Too shin-dig. I found out she's known for years what she'd want to be if given the chance to dress up:

A) Pirate


B) Vampire

Simple enough. She would be perfect for either character.

So, why is it that I am having such a hard time figuring this out? To be honest, I haven't actually thought about dressing myself up
{besides the usual mandatory morning routine which is way less fun} since our church's second-to-last Harvest Festival. I was a cheerleader. And I believe I was a freshman in high school.

Yeah. It's been a while.


Nowadays, Halloween revolves around the plethera of superhero/ninja/soldier/masked whatever costumes the retailers convince little boys they simply can't live without. {"But Mo-ooommm! How will I fight the bad guys without a suit?!"}

Apparently "bad guys" have gotten so bad that they don't realize their sword/web/laser-wielding opponent is actually a superhero without an emblazoned "S", spider, or bat somewhere on the chest-area of the clothes said opponent is wearing.

*sigh*


So my friend and I have been batting around ideas for me. I've listed a few below.


Saloon Girl

Gangster/Mobster


Pink Ranger
{This is my son's choice}



Flamingo

What to do. . .what to do. . .


*Please note: I have neither the cleavage nor the desire to wear the exact costumes pictured. They are merely visual aids. Feel free to lower your eyebrows.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Saloon girl!!

Motormouth Macey said...

I've been trying to figure this out myself. I have to say, I'm particularly drawn to the flamingo myself, you could totally rock it :D

Lacy said...

I think you should be Sarah Jessica parker from Hocus Pocus!
But if you're wanting to be lessy whichy I think...hmm Poison Ivy! I've always wanted to be Poison Ivy for halloween and I just haven't made it happen. I think YOU should make it happen!
Oh, you mean I was supposed to choose one of your 3? hahah well...you know any would be great fun and you would look great. I'm thinking...hmm ganster/mobster -- or flamingo :)

Lacy said...

Hey, so I had another costume idea hehe aren't you thrilled. You could be the game of Twister. There's pretty cute costume at Orientaltrading.com