Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why Is the Stone Yellow?

The last time I visited Yellowstone Nat'l Park, I was young. Let's see, to be more specific, I was probably about 11.

And that was the only time.

At the time, it was only LoriAnn, Traci, and I. My folks had been invited up to go snowmobiling with some friends from church. Had they known that their friends were reckless maniacs, our plans might have changed. But, we found out the hard way. {The men were regular snowmobilers; my dad -- not so much. They flew through the snow at alarming speeds. And not only did my dad not want to do that in the first place, but he also had LoriAnn and I riding with him. My dad's cheeks got so cold, the skin turned white. And Lori and I just wanted to get off.}

Anyway, my point is that what I saw of Yellowstone was a literal blur. I had heard tales of close encounters of the buffalo kind, but didn't get to see if they were true. So, it randomly struck me the other day {some 15 years later} that it would be fun to go. We have some snowmobiles, and I know Eric would absolutely love the wildlife {which I plan on seeing this time}. And I've never seen the geyser!




And I keep hearing about this "so-called" place. . .what was it? Jackson Hole? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello people,

What online mags do you read and would recommend?

For all you ska people out there I recommend The Enough Fanzine. It is one of the first ska ezines on the www.

They have throusands of interviews from the most popular bands all over the world. Check them out online: [url=http://www.enoughfanzine.com]Enough Fanzine[/url]. Best of it all, they are 100% non-profit and just helping the scene!

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Regards!