Monday, August 18, 2008

My Birthday at Galena Summit

As my birthday was approaching, I approached Levi. I don't usually wait for him to ask what I want because it saves him from forgetting the day altogether! That, and I had already decided on what I wanted to spend the day doing quite some time before.


Horseback riding.


So darn it, we did it! I called a place I found on the internet, reserved 2 spots on the half-day trail ride, and next thing I know, I'm in one of the greenest places God ever created. And what made it even better was that I was viewing it from the back of a beautiful Mustang named Lola. How fabulous is that name?! And here she is:





We went through streams and over fallen logs and up the side of the mountain. Millions of purple wildflowers and orange butterflies on both sides of the trail. It was like something out of a calendar.



Me and Lola




Levi and Popeye



Beautiful moss along a tiny creek


We made it! Titus Lake is between 2 mountains.


Enjoying the scenery (and the break from the saddle!) Doesn't he look thrilled?!


On the way back down. Lola tried to eat the entire time!


I thought this sign was great.

We finished the day by hanging out in Ketchum. We ate a delicious Italian dinner at a place called Rico's and then watched Batman: The Dark Knight at a tiny theater! We had planned to spend the night, but there were no rooms. Not in Ketchum, Hailey OR Bellevue! So, we took our sore butts and drove all the way home! But it was so worth it!

No comments: