Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fell Into a Waterfall

Ok, so none of us actually fell into the waterfall, but Eric did plop down onto a muddy rock after Gracie knocked him off balance. :)

Today was a wonderfully full day--full parks, full rivers, full boats, full tummies, full-on sunshine! Oh yes, today was good. You see, the sun and I have this agreement: it comes out, I come out. (Contracts are still be drawn up for wind and snow.) And boy oh boy, we were both out in full-force!

We decided to trek down to Shoshone Falls today on a hunt for a large, grassy area where the dogs wouldn't have to be on a leash the entire time. Much to our amazement, the first spot we found was perfect--grassy, huge, and most importantly, unpopulated!

As you can see in the pictures below, a little waterfall and creek was running through our section of the park and we couldn't get enough! This picture of the mini-falls almost looks erie or edited with the vibrant greens cutting their way through the dead grays of the surrounding bushes and trees. It was obvious the moss and algae were loving the delicate mixture of sun and water (H2-oh so good!) as much as we were.




Eric broke out the shovel and had a ball "diggin'". It's his favorite thing to do these days. I have full confidence one of our next purchases will involve sand and a large box. I love that he loves being outside, too; as you can see, a little sun on my blonde little boy wouldn't hurt. :) At least he's easy to see...

Levi got our "big girls" in the water for a big drink and some fun. Roxie and Jewels loved exploring the new terrain, especially with our section of the park being home to a large rock-chuck colony (maybe that's why it was deserted...?)

My little man and I just dinked around together, digging here and there, discovering moss, discovering that it's "yucky" just as quickly, and of course, posing for a photo-op (for my sake). I'm so thankful he humors me, even if it does look like he's just spotting his next "construction" site.

When we finally returned home, after a very necessary pit-stop at Cold Stone Creamery (to those of you who don't know what that is, it's a very healthy restaurant...kinda. Ok, not at all; it's ice cream), we rolled out the "big chalk" and attacked the driveway again. There is now a hopscotch, a couple scribbles across Spongebob's face, and 3 body outlines. Don't worry, we gave them "happy faces".



1 comment:

Lacy said...

what a nice day for all of you. I'm so glad u and the fam enjoyed the sun. I think Eric and I could be tanning partners.