Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Improvement

The beginning of this year, we decided to make some long overdue updates to our house. The walls and carpet had been the same various shades of "white" since the first time I had stepped foot into the house. The carpet had been through a lot and the walls were more suited for a sterile, industrial building with the gray/blue/white color they had been painted.

I couldn't wait.

We ordered the new carpet, my mom and I ordered paint and when the {long, laborious, painstaking, totally worth it} process was complete, the aesthetics of the house went from:


to:


I have to be honest, though -- we're not completely finished yet. I need to finish painting the bathrooms and one small section of the hallway. Then we need to finish painting some of the trim (a lot of that has already been done; it's just labor-intensive and time-consuming). But I really love how everything has turned out.

No comments: