Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sun Valley

Levi and I got to do something that I've wanted to do for years -- ever since I heard the activity existed. We got to go to Sun Valley and take a "sleigh" ride! I can't tell you how excited I was! Especially because the openings fill up very quickly. I made all the reservations and decided to do the day trip instead of the night one. It's been so cold around here lately that I thought we might enjoy it more the warmer it was {that really only applies to me; Levi is always warm; I sleep with socks and an extra blanket.} And I use the term "warm" loosely for the day of our trip. The temperature was between 27-30 degrees depending on the city we were in. But that was warmer than the evening temps of about 7 degrees.

Sun Valley Club

Our ride took us to the Sun Valley Clubhouse. A beautiful building with a beautiful view. It overlooks the golf course that serves as a preferred cross-country skiing destination. Snow-covered mountains and trees as far as the eye could see. Levi and I warmed up in there for a little while. I ordered their chicken curry soup and glass of wine. I tell you what, I was really torn between staying in the clubhouse, enjoying the food and view, and enjoying the rest of our ride!

On our way back

I don't think I have to tell you what a gorgeous day it was. The sunshine and blue sky made the entire city look like a picture out of a calendar.


Our Sweet Ride | Duke, Dan & Clay {driver}

When we were done, we strolled around the small town and visited the boutiques and shops. We didn't buy anything, of course, {the price tags are targeted at the likes of Bruce Willis and the Schwarzeneggar family}, but we did love just looking. Some artist decided to share their talent with the lucky visitors who managed to walk by their creations:

Snowflake

There was also a Christmas tree and a Santa sculpture. I really appreciate people who can manipulate the elements like that. They take a beautiful thing that God created and make another beautiful out of it. What is that? Like, beautiful squared or something?

We grabbed Chai lattes and stopped a couple places on our way home so I could snap a few pictures. I just love it.

1 comment:

Motormouth Macey said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love Sun Valley! So beautiful all the time.