Sunday, December 06, 2009

Frosty Fun

I've sure been having fun so far this Christmas season. The shopping has been a blast! Giving gifts is something I love to do anyway; I enjoy hunting down that perfect gift for that special someone that I know they will love. I put serious effort into the process but the pay-off is always worth it. Eric's birthday gave me a jump-start on the shopping which has been nice -- it's given me time to make sure I remember everyone I feel I should.

I had forgotten about one of my favorite cookie recipes that I had made last year. I had written it down in a little notebook and {thankfully} it was still there!

Austrian Jam Cookies

No treat has ever disappeared so quickly. Sweet and salty always compliment each other, but this combination is perfect. So I'm very excited about making more this year!

I got our tree up about a week ago. I do the same decorations every year and never tire of them: various gold and red lovelies. My favorite items are the large red poinsettias. I clipped them on all over the tree and they make it so bright and cheerful.

One of the channels on tv has been playing a loop of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I don't think that movie will ever go out of style. This is the first year I've watched the whole thing. Boy is it funny. And it's really a clean kind of funny. I had forgotten that Julia Louis-Dreyfus played one of the neighbors. Her physical comedy just kills me; one of the reasons I like Seinfeld.

Anyway, I'm going to go see if I can find another holiday movie playing while it snows outside. Only 18 days 'til Christmas!

4 comments:

Lacy said...

I'm glad you're enjoying this season. Those look like fainty little yummies.

Lacy said...

let's try it with a d this time "dainty little yummies" yes, that's better

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)