Friday, November 06, 2009

Fa-La-La-La-Lots To Do!

I feel like we have been so busy lately. And it's been really fun stuff! It's like the whole world shifts gears when October hits. As soon as all the hype of Halloween dies down, Christmas hits like an avalanche.
I love the down-pour of harvest festivals, craft fairs, and SALES in general! I try to hit our local Real Deals at least once a week {it's only open 2 days a week.} And this weekend, the annual CSI Harvest Craft Festival started with over 200 vendors! It's so fun to look and get ideas {like homemade fudge and jewelry}.
And I started teaching pre-school crafts at my church on Wednesday nights, every other month. November is my month. It's so much fun. And Eric gets to be in my class. He's still not quite sure of the "mommy-as-a-teacher" concept. In the midst of 3 little people yelling "Teacher! Teacher!" I'll hear his voice say "Hi, Mom." I think he does it to make sure I still answer to it. :)
We're also getting ready for my little man to celebrate his 4th birthday. It's coming up fast, but I'm prepared. He's just trying to decide between a Wolverine theme or Scooby-Doo. And that, my friend, is a hard decision for the 3-year-old mind.
I just finished designing my grandparents' (on my mom's side) 50th wedding anniversary invitations. They turned out so beautifully. I'm so thankful I got to play a part in such a special day in their lives. My family, Eric, and I are going to So. California in December to celebrate with them. It's been a few years since I've seen all my relatives down there, so I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, Levi can't go, but someone's gotta hold down the fort {and make sure my other 2 "kids" have food and water}.
We got our house siding fixed a couple weeks ago after the fire I'm sure most of you know about. It looks perfect; you would never tell anything had happened. And Levi sold his toasted pickup to a guy in Caldwell. He loved Levi's truck so much, he wants to rebuild it. {Best of luck to ya, bud!}
We're heading up to Boise tomorrow to visit my sister and her husband for her birthday! Her birthday's not til the 9th, but we all get to go to the huge movie theater and watch the new A Christmas Carol movie! It should be a great time! Eric and I have never been there. {Last time my family went, he and I hit up Chuck E. Cheese!}
I think the next thing on my to-do list is figure out our Christmas photo. I love doing that every year, but I've never been this tardy! I welcome all ideas! ;)

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Miss Janelle, that's a very cute thanksgiving heading you have. How fun that you get to do crafts with preschoolers every Wed. for this month! I bet you're great with them.